May 19, 2013

Watermelon-Berry Summer Sipper


It's not even June yet, and we're already climbing up into the 90s here in the Lone Star State. We've gotten out the blow-up pool, strung up the hammock, and started hoarding ice cubes in preparation for another long, hot Texas summer.

Here in Texas, we like to say...

"It's hotter than a billy goat in a pepper patch!"
"It's so hot the hens are layin' hard-boiled eggs!"
"It's so hot I used my seatbelt buckle as a brandin' iron!"
"It's hotter than a preacher's knee!"
"It's hotter than whoopie in woolens!"
"It's hotter than a burnin' stump!"

This explains why I'm inside my nice, cool house sippin' on my Watermelon-Strawberry Summer Sipper while the husband and kid splash in the pool. Don't judge me - I took some Sippers out to them too. But I'm stayin' right where I'm at, watching the flowers grow through my window panes, while the ceiling fan laps my bangs. Ahhhhhhhhh, summer in Texas...

Flesh of half a baby, seedless watermelon (volleyball-sized)
Half a peeled cucumber
8 to 10 large strawberries
8 to 12 large fresh mint leaves (you should grow this - it's so easy!)
Between 0 (if you're good) and 3 (if you have a kid) Tbsp sugar
About 8 to 10 ice cubes

  • Put all of the fresh stuff into your blender, then just top it off with as many ice cubes as you can fit.  
  • Whirl away!
  • Enjoy.

YUMMMMMMMMM...

CLICK/SHOP/SUPPORT

No comments: